FAQ + TIPS
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A SPRAY TAN SESSION?
1. Book your session around your schedule + Arrive for your appointment.
2. From beginning to end your session time should last approx. 20-30 minutes.
3. Skin Consultation - we check your skin type and talk tan color.
4. Custom Mix Tan - based on consultation we will custom mix your solution to achieve the best color for your unique skin tone. every color is individually matched.
5. Prep Skin - we apply a mist of PH prep spray to your skin to balance oils and prep the skin for your spray.
6. Tan Application - 2 very light coats of spray solution is applied to your skin using hand spray techinques for precise perfect results.
7. Dry + Set - we set your tan with a special blending brush and ensure a quick dry time with a natural drying shimmer powder.
After you may dress in very loose, dark clothing + open shoes while your tan develops.
We will provide you all the necessary tips, pre + post tan advice for the best spray tan experience. You can expect with proper prep and care that your spray tan will last 5-7 days depending on your skin type, skin condition, products used and other various factors.
WILL I TURN ORANGE?
this is a very common + mainstream concern for first time spray tanners.
our answer is always the same: we custom mix your solution to your exact skin tone to ensure that your tan looks natural. an orange tint on someone's skin is usually from having been sprayed with a solution that did not properly match their undertones or the solution was left on too long for proper development.
we take every precaution at Bronze Glow Tan to ensure a flawless + glowing tan and work with you to make that possible!
CAN I SPRAY TAN BEFORE MY VACATION?
absolutely - we love sending clients off on trips with a great spray tan to start!
here is our best guidance for vacation spray tans:
- remember that chlorine + salt water will increase your spray tan fading as they are both natural exfoilators.
- the best course of action to keep glowing on vacation is to always pat skin dry
- use a specially formulated tan extender lotion to stay moisturized. the tan extender lotion will maintain color throughout your vacation to ensure your tan is replenished.
- last but not least- use a waterproof sunscreen + reapply often.
WHEN DO I SPRAY TAN BEFORE A BIG EVENT?
Very Important Advice - if you have never had a spray tan, please book a trial tan 2-4 weeks prior to your event to ensure that you are happy with the color. a trial tan is a full spray tan session that we use to adjust color for your special occasion.
If you are comfortable with the spray tan process then we recommend that you spray tan at least 2 days prior to your event. if you know your dates - please book in advance as busy season appointments tend to fill up quickly.
WHAT PRODUCTS DO I USE FOR MY SPRAY TAN?
we recommend spray tan aftercare products simply because we know exactly what will help keep your tan fresh and long lasting.
- skip bar soap
- use a mild body wash
- use a paraben free lotion 2x a day
- waterproof sunscreen
- skip using face wipes as they pull away color
we carry body wash, tan extender lotion and body scrub that are specially made to care for and extend the life of your spray tan. if you would like to sample them at your next spray tan session please let us know!
HOW LONG WILL MY SPRAY TAN LAST?
This is a very general answer to a question that we receive most often.
Answer: most spray tans last anywhere between 5-7 days. However, we do have clients report that their tans lasted much longer, so we loosely answer this question with respect to the prep and care guidelines. Simply put, spray tans cling to healthy, moisturized skin for much longer when we prepare our skin properly and care for it throughout the tan's life.
*Skin Type, Skin Condition, Hydration, Products used and many other factors play a huge role in how long your specific spray tan will last. We do not guarantee a specific length for your spray tan and we encourage you to follow the Prep Tips for the best results possible.